35.720265 , -79.176959
Price: Contact Builder
Number of Bathrooms: 1
Number of Bedrooms: 2
Square Footage: 1,200 sq. ft.
Click here for a 3-D Virtual Tour
Due to COVID-19, this is a virtual tour only.
EcoSelect, HERS Rating: 23
- Straw bale construction (super insulated wall system); locally sourced bales and site-sourced earthen plaster
- Hydronic radiant heated slab floor
- Solar thermal collectors for domestic hot water (and radiant floor heat)
- 1.6kW Solar Array with (8) 300Ah Deep Cycle Lead Acid Batteries provide all the power for this home
- Rainwater harvesting system: gravity fed system uses a biological slow sand filter and 10,000 gallon cistern for all domestic water.
- Locally sourced timbers for post and beam framing, custom cabinetry, furniture, interior doors
- All LED lighting, super-efficient ceiling fans (highest CFM/watt available), Energy Star Washer, ultra efficient SunFrost refrigerator.
- Wood cook stove allows occupants to cook food and heat the home with scrap wood
- Passive solar orientation with Clerestory windows for optimum winter heating and natural daylighting to minimize the need for electrical lighting
- Attached Greenhouse for starting food and medicinal plants in the gardens in front of home. Greenhouse also allows space for line- and rack-drying clothes